Wild Orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil is cold pressed from the outer rind of the fruit and is known for its fresh, fruity, citrusy aroma. It is very relaxing and uplifting and has an energizing effect on the body! It can serve as a powerful oil in the household by helping to cut grease and aid in cleaning.
Orange Oil Also has numerous therapeutic benefits!
- decrease fear and anxiety,
- aid in digestion and heartburn
- combat sleeping problems
- boost immune function
- improve lymphatic drainage.
Orange essential oil also behaves as anti-depressant, anti-septic, antispasmodic, anti-tumor and provides cellular health properties.
Wild orange essential oil can be applied topically, directly to the area of concern, or to reflex points, diffused aromatically, or used internally in water and/or food.
5 Uses for Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Immune Support: Orange essential oil has both antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Stress Relief: Orange oil has relaxing and uplifting properties making it beneficial in helping to decrease stress and anxiety. Diffuse it aromatically, add it to bath water, or combine it with a carrier oil and apply topically over body.
- Digestive Support: Orange oil may enhance healthy digestion and help ease cramps and constipation. Apply 3 drops topically with a carrier oil and rub onto abdomen.
- Natural Cleaning Product: Orange oil has anti-septic and antibacterial properties which helps it to fight environmental bacteria. Combine several drops of orange and lemon essential oils in a spray bottle, filled with water, and use as a natural, sweet citrus, household cleaner.
- Mood Booster: Orange is an uplifting and invigorating essential oil. Apply topically to wrists and reflex points, or diffuse aromatically to boost mood.
Wild Orange Essential Oil Precautions
- Avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours following topical use.
- Orange oil can cause irritation to sensitive skin so dilute with a carrier oil and/or test a small area first.
- When using any essential oil, especially internally, use only the highest quality essential oils that are 100% certified therapeutic grade or organic to ensure you’re getting a 100% pure oil and not one with unwanted and harmful chemicals or toxins.
A great way to easily incorporate essential oils is to use a diffuser! A diffuser uses water and essential oils to fill the air in a room with tiny, breathable particles of the beneficial essential oils! Different oils elicit different effects!
DoTerra Essential Oils are available for purchase at Firefly Hollow Boutique or Online here!